This time of year can be tough on people. The days are getting shorter. The holidays are nearly upon us. The weather, at least where I live, is getting colder. And the news continues to show you the very worst the world has to offer. If you pay attention, you can literally see people getting grumpier.
So what to do?
Well I am no psychologist, but here are some activities to get more “positive.” This is a short list, really. But maybe it will get your juices flowing so you can figure out what gets you excited.
1. Find a new book to read. Pick one that either lifts you up or makes you laugh.
2. Send out 3 Thank You Cards a Day. Gratitude will make you feel better…it’s biology.
3. Get more involved in church. (Join a church).
4. Join a Non-Profit. Helping others is a great mood-lifter.
5. Read inspirational articles. Good in means good out. Do this at the beginning and end of the day.
7. Start a new hobby.
8. Start a new business.
9. Start writing a blog.
10. Call one person in your life and tell them how much they mean to you. Do this once a day and you will be amazed.
11. Create a Positivity Buddy. Set up someone you call once a week. Share wins and losses. Hold each other accountable…but lift each other up.
So that’s a short list. Maybe one of these will work for you…or someone you know. Maybe it will just get you thinking. But don’t wait for something to happen.